Friday, May 28, 2010

Christina goes all M.I.A.


Since the birth of her son, Christina Aguilera has been M.I.A. on the album trail, but she is back in action and doing it up big for her June 8th release of her next feat Bionic.

The upcoming album is Christina Aguilera 2010--there's no genies here. Aguilera usually relying on her amazing vocal chops, pushes herself to keep up with the times and current style of music after the throwback album Back to Basics [2006].

Call it an album of collaborations. Christina teams up with some unexpected artists including, M.I.A, Santigold, Peaches, Sia, and Le Tigre. Aguilera said on her web site, "My intention was to step into their world and what they do combined with my own vision and sound."

She definitely does encompass their sound, as the songs don't really sound like Aguilera, and more like her collaborators. Aguilera still manages to shine through. Now that's bionic.

Here's "Elastic Love" the recently leaked Christina-M.I.A. collaboration from the album. Sounds more like M.I.A featuring Christina Aguilera though...

No comments:

Post a Comment